8(a) STARS III, a small business set-aside Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners. This next-generation GWAC builds upon the framework of 8(a) STARS II and expands capabilities for emerging technologies and outside the continental United States (OCONUS) requirements.
The scope of the 8(a) STARS III GWAC is centered on North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code 541512, but may include other NAICS codes that are predominately IT services. These may include, but are not limited to, 541511, 541513, 541519, and 518210. The contract offers IT services ranging from simple to complex and services-based solutions such help-desk support, information assurance, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and more.
Benefits of STARS III
- The 8(a) STARS III GWAC ordering period is a five year base with one three year option. This ordering period began on July 2, 2021.
- The ceiling for 8(a) STARS III is $50 billion.
- 8(a) STARS III allows for fixed price, time and materials, labor-hour or a hybrid blend of these task order types.
- The contract access fee for the 8(a) STARS III GWAC is .75%, the same as GSA Schedules.
- The contract includes two sub-areas, one for emerging technology and one for OCONUS requirements.