Hanscom Air Force Base needed help creating and facilitating a collaborative work environment through a cohesive operating model and seams management for Collaborative Nerve Center Services. The overall goal was to provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) required for Enterprise IT as a service (EITaaS) Collaborative Nerve Center (CNC) services.
Chenega Systems (CS) currently recommends a cohesive operating model using industry best practices; this is accomplished as a result of utilizing the Organization for Standardization Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Reference model to benefit Government programs and Government organizations.
- Modernization as a Service (MaaS): Chenega Systems provides a modernization environment solution for up to 200 personnel. This includes all hardware, software, network, and communication services within.
- CS provides Systems Engineers to review EITaaS (Enterprise IT as a Service) plans, documentation, and seams management solution recommendations to the Government. As a result, standardized, innovative, and agile IT services are obtained in the most collaborative and streamline way possible.
- CS documents EITaaS (Enterprise IT as a Service) experimental processes and develops and delivers reports and/or white papers recommending opportunities for integration and streamlining as well as provide explanations of the methodologies and analyses that lead to their recommendations.
- CS provides a service-oriented approach across technology silos (management systems closed off from other systems) that optimizes costs and use process standardization to enable the integrated delivery and engineering of IT services. They maintain adaptive skills and mindsets in order to be technically versatile, collaborative, and innovative.
- CS promotes a self-organizing culture of versatility and self-reliance that is product-focused to deliver fast business capabilities by providing a collaborative, flexible, and agile environment that breaks down communication barriers to achieving required EITaaS capabilities.
- CS provides support to product support integrators (PSIs) in the following functions: Data analytics and Air Force Network (AFNET) data interpretation and reconciliation.
- CS also provides Seam Management SME resource(s) to reach across multiple stove-piped processes and IT vendors to help to inform management and integration decisions through coordination while ensuring optimal business value, encouraging innovation, and promoting consistent and seamless end-to-end services to Air Force customers. These coordination activities span the entire service lifecycle, from inception to disposal. Under this model, the Government serves as the Prime Integrator and requires CS to establish cross-contractor agreements, coordinate associate-contractor activities, and monitor, manage, and report on the quality and performance of end-to-end service lifecycle.
- CS conducts a quarterly deep dive of vendors and leads a Seams Management working group in order to review and oversee the integration and coordination of existing vendors and the Government. They also identify integration and coordination issues, track resolution, and assist in developing strategies for transitioning to a contractor-owned, contractor-operated environment. CS collaborates with necessary vendors to produce and manage an operations nerve center that virtually displays user experience metrics and other necessary information to enable real-time quality of experience situational awareness. CS uses these data points to recommend changes and then track, within the nerve center display, improvement actions, and their effects on customer experience.
- CS provides Contracted personnel providing collaboration and integration services that maintain applicable DoD 8570.01 compliant certification (Sec+ certification), familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification.
Chenega Systems provides a collaborative, flexible, and agile environment that breaks down the communication and collaboration barriers to achieving EITaaS capabilities. The environment solution provided can sustain a workforce of up to 200 personnel to include all hardware, software, communication, and network services within. In turn, this facilitates our customer’s day to day operations and contributes to helping them achieve their overall mission.
“The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace. Our rich history and our vision guide our Airmen as we pursue our mission with excellence and integrity to become leaders, innovators, and warriors.”