The Department of Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) requires end-to-end training acquisition, program coordination, Information Systems support, and electronic and on-site training support services for the U.S. Navy submarine-based Strategic Weapon System (SWS) Training Program and the U.K. TRIDENT Training Program.
- Program Management: Chenega has a program manager positioned at the government facility, responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks of contractor staff and ensuring contract objectives were met on a timely basis. Much of Chenega’s successful approach to supporting the SSP mission is the flexibility to respond to an ever-changing environment.
- Administrative Support: Chenega’s site representative acts as a liaison between the training facility and SP205 providing technical support, assisting with the coordination of agendas, preparing presentations and minutes, tracking action items, and drafting recommended responses to action items when participation in the Strategic Weapons Systems (SWS) meetings.
- Database and Web Development: Chenega evaluates software design specifications, provides recommended software modifications, and performs lifecycle support of PTEP software and databases. We are also responsible for maintaining the local TFR/CAR databases and maintaining PTEP testing database information current with changing documentation, training schedules, training media, and other applicable data.
- Network Administration and Development Support: Chenega manages the network administration of the testing facility and monitors network operations in support of SSP training missions. Our personnel is responsible for verifying the functionality of the products to be installed on the ATTS.
- Facilitation and Information Management Support: Chenega maintains electronic classrooms at training facilities. This includes developing and deploying a just-in-time training platform on laptops called the Distributed Training Platform Suite (DPTS).
- Integration Support: Chenega established and maintains the integrated test program and created a management system for effective use and control of test resources including the control, maintenance, and reuse of test data. In addition, Chenega created, manages, and maintains SP205 required NKO (SWS) integration files and schedules in accordance with SSP
Chenega has been supporting the Navy’s SP-205 TRIDENT Training Program for nearly twenty years. Throughout the lifecycle of support provided to SSP, Chenega’s successful performance is a direct result of a deep understanding of the SSP’s critical mission. SSP supports to defend the United States and provide collective deterrence effort.
“A highly specialized workforce composed of military and civilian, scientific, engineering, and professional personnel who work closely with private contractors and consultants. We direct the end-to-end effort of the Navy’s Strategic Weapons Systems to include training, systems, equipment, facilities, and personnel.”